Saturday, April 24, 8AM-12pm
HILLANDALE PARK, Harrisonburg VA
Step aside mom and dad, this one is for the kids! Smoothie Man’s Mud Mile is a fun-filled, mile long adventure course complete with obstacles designed just for kids ages 4-13. Due to COVID-19 regulations and safety measures, the course will be open from 8:00am-12:00pm and kids may start anytime within that window provided they finish by 12pm. Ice cold smoothies courtesy of Tropical Smoothie Cafe will be served up to all kids at the finish line and all finishers get a sweet medal (pictured below). All abilities are welcome and encouraged.
- $25 per kid, ages 4-13
- Registration fee includes Smoothie Man’s Mud Mile t-shirt, finisher medal, and finish line smoothie.
- T-shirt deadline is Monday, April 12th.
COVID-19 SITE SAFETY MANAGEMENT PLAN
- A sanitizer station will be added before each obstacle.
- Alternative obstacles will be created to replace where air is shared between participants (i.e., limit breathing into the same mud).
- Children will be screened per the CDC guidance for screening children (sent electronically).
- All shared items must be disinfected between each use to the extent practical.
- Staff and volunteers will wear masks over their nose and mouth while working.
- Spectators must wear masks over their nose and mouth at all times, and ten feet of physical distance must be maintained between spectators who are not Family members, and limited to 250 individuals, as defined in Executive Order 72.
- All participants will be required to wear a face mask at all times when not actively running in the event.
- Individual smoothies will be available at the finish line. No shared water jugs.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the start/finish line.
- The course will be open from 8:00am-12:00pm and kids may start anytime within that window provided they finish by 12pm. This encourages distancing between participants and prevents grouping.
- Minimal contact packet pickup will take place during specific pickup times communicated to participants by the event organizer.
- Portable toilets will be provided by VA Momentum and located near Race HQ. Toilets will be sanitized every two hours.
- Pre-race communication with participants will emphasize all guidelines, safety protocols and requirements.
- Parking will be available throughout Hillandale park on a first-come, first-served basis. Overflow parking is available on Dogwood Drive.
- Conduct daily screening of staff for COVID-19 symptoms, a positive diagnostic test for the virus that causes COVID-19 in the prior 10 days, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days prior to admission to the venue/facility.
- Post signage at the entrance that states that no one with a fever or symptoms of COVID19, a positive diagnostic test for the virus that causes COVID-19 in the prior 10 days, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted in the establishment.
- Post signage to provide public health reminders regarding physical distancing, gatherings, options for high-risk individuals, and staying home if sick.