Pound the Peak is back on October 24, 2020! Check out the hype video above for a real glimpse into what this event is all about. Pictures below capture some epic images of the adventure. The course is 2.1 uphill miles from bottom to top. All abilities are welcome. Please note there is a two hour time limit on the course (must pass first challenge station in one hour). What you need to know is this:
- It's a team event. Sign up with your partner, brother, sister, mother, father, daughter, or BFF. You must stay together the entire course. Pound the Peak is meant to be experienced with someone else.
- We designed this event for both our most competitive VA Momentum friends and those with a problem-solving edge. The challenges along the course level the playing field, but don't underestimate the power of hustling up those hills.
- We shuttle everyone in charter buses up to Massanutten so that we can build camaraderie. With a max of 150 participants, it's an intimate event where you'll meet new friends. You'll get to know them as you zig-zag through the course, then we'll share stories, laugh, and have a beer on the ride home before hanging out at Pale Fire Brewing when we get back in town.
New for 2020!
- Race Director's Challenge: VA Momentum founders Kevin and Alan will take off their hosting hats and race you to the top (including challenge stations). Beat them and you get a prize that'll make the climb up the mountain all the more worth it.
- Team Naming & Individual Payment Option: You'll be prompted to enter a team name when you sign up (get creative or keep it simple). You may pay as a pair or individually so you don't have to open your Venmo app.
- New Finisher Medal Design: Let's just say it should help you open some cold beverages to celebrate your accomplishment. Stay tuned.